October 20, 2008

Winter Water Polo

The winter club season is rapidly approaching and I would like to encourage everyone to play this winter. A big reason SLUH has been so dominant in recent years is because the last three classes have collectively decided to play year round and play together. Playing year round used to be the exception, but now it is the norm. Not playing puts you at a strong disadvantage in this sport.

In recent years, Chaminade water polo players have played for Daisy Water Polo Club and Jungle Cat Water Polo. There are a handful of other clubs out there, such as SLAP, Mad Dog and Flyers. It doesn't matter to me which club you play for, as long as you play. I coach for Jungle Cat Water Polo, but I want to be clear that I want you to just play and everyone will be given a fair shot during the high school season regardless of whether you played for me or a different club.

Most information can be found on mowaterpolo.com, and the Jungle Cat sign up sheet can be found here: http://junglecatpolo.com/

If you need information on a different club, let me know and I'll try and find it for you.

No comments: