March 30, 2009

Lingering Florida Thoughts

One of the officials pulled me aside after our last game and told me that he had a lot fun officiating our games because we "play water polo the right way". That's my second favorite comment I've heard from an outsider about our players. My favorite is still a John Burroughs player last year after we beat them 13-3: "I like playing them, they don't play dirty."

I thought we did a great job representing Chaminade and St. Louis water polo. We played hard every minute of every game. We didn't showboat or embarrass anyone. We played with class and did not give into to some of the dirty or cheap tactics used by other teams.

We got free t-shirts from Winter Park's tournament last year, as well as breakfast on Thursday. They also did not charge us for officials in the games we played against them. I think we should return their kindness by sending a letter along with a box of our red muscle shirts. The trip was expensive enough as it was, so if anyone has a good idea on how to raise money to pay for the shirts for the Winter Park boys, let me know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Gruchala might have some sweatshirts to send.