April 21, 2008

Chaminade 13 - John Burroughs 3

Senior Night was a roaring success. The Red Devil seniors came out strong and the rest of the team followed up by dismantling the Bombers 13-3. The effort was there from start to finish and but for a Dan Fernandez kickout, a last second bomb and a backhand, the boys would have had a shutout. In one of my proudest moments as a coach, I overhead the Burroughs players talking after the game and one of them said "I like playing that team." The Red Devils played a hard clean game and didn't showboat or embarrass anyone. We won the right way and I'm proud.

Goals: Fernandez - 3, Kubik - 3, Duncan - 2, Arnold - 1, Entwistle - 1, Meara - 1, Rejko - 1, Stabler - 1
Assists: Benage - 4, Glauber - 2, Watkins - 2, Duncan - 1, Hoette - 1, Stabler - 2
Steals: Stabler - 6, Entwistle - 4, Benage - 3, Kubik - 3, Schwartz - 2, Watkins - 2, Faust - 1, Hoette - 1, Meara - 1
Kickouts: Fernadez - 1

Player of the Game: Rejko - best 5M shot of the year in the seniors' last home game

Up Next: The Conference Tournament. I will post when I know our ranking.

No comments: