April 30, 2008

Goalie Blake Stabler to sign letter of intent

In case you didn't know, today Senior goaltender Blake Stabler is signing his letter of intent to play water polo at Mercyhurst College in Erie, PA. The Lakers already have one St. Louisan on the team, DeSmet grad Andrew Schonhoff. Congratulations to Blake and we wish him the best of luck in college.

Where are the other seniors going to college you ask? Here is what I know off the top of my head:
Kevin Arnold - St. Louis University
Jack Benage - Southern Methodist University
Dan Fernandez - Southern Methodist University
Michael Kubik - St. Louis University
Kevin Rejko - University of Missouri - Columbia

I don't know what their plans are, but SLU, Mizzou and SMU all have water polo clubs. I hope the boys continue to play the sport they love. I also Hope they come back and give back to the sport, thru either coaching or refereeing. You can bet I will be hounding Arnold and Kubik to ref next year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blake:

Congratulations to you & your family. Best of luck at the next level. Enjoy your time, as it goes very quickly.


miguel

Dan said...

I'm going to SMU as well, and Kevin is headed to SLU, I believe.