April 18, 2008

Today v. Clayton

Today the Chaminade Red Devils take on Clayton Greyhounds at Clayton High School. The JV game starts at 4:00 PM and the varsity game will follow at about 5:00 PM. We will have a full squad as the band event that would have absented Dan Fernandez and Kevin Rejko was cancelled.

I don't know anything about Clayton except what I read on the statistics page on STLToday.com. What you see is Alex Phillips and Paul Orland lead the ENTIRE CITY in goals and points, and by a decent margin. They are the only two in the area with 60 goals at this point and have combined for 130 total. As a contrast, Chaminade has scored 136 goals in TOTAL. To be honest, I don't think I have even seen Alex or Paul play and I don't think I know what they look like. But, it's obvious that they know how to score goals, so Jake Entwistle and Danny Faust should have their hands full today.

Starters for varsity:
#1 Blake Stabler
#2 Jack Benage (c)
#3 Michael Kubik
#5 Kevin Arnold (c)
#6 Jake Entwistle
#8 Danny Faust
#12 Chris Watkins

1 comment:

Dan said...

Coach, you're slacking off on these updates.